Hi, this is the first edition of GrowthRomeo’s FLAME, a monthly roundup of Fundings, Liquidations, Acquisitions, Mergers, and Events (FLAME), and other buzz from the startup space across the world. The intent is to help feed your entrepreneurial brain with fresh ideas and keep you abreast of what’s trending in the startup ecosystem (connect with me to stay updated).
Let’s light up the fire in your heart, and in your eyes!!!
- Meesho, a social commerce platform with a $4.9 Billion valuation is preparing for an IPO in early 2023. It may list on Indian exchanges or in the USA.
- Upscalio, a roll-up startup, has invested directly in direct-to-consumer brands Gizga, Tizum, Homepuff, and Aircase.
Roll-up startups usually invest in competitors in niche, mature, or small market segment, and merge up multiple companies to improve net success chances and ramp up valuations.
- MPL, Bengaluru-based esports startup Mobile Premier League, has acquired German gaming company GameDuell which boasts around 130 Million users spread across 70 games and 7 languages.
- Scaler acquired the 3rd edTech startup in a span of a year. The Coding Minutes and Coding Elements were acquired last year. And the latest one in its portfolio is AppliedRoots, another upskilling platform with a core focus on AI & ML skills.
- BikeWo, Hyderabad-based EV services and charging point network for two-wheelers, acquired the digital staff management platform Munim.
- Practically, an immersive edTech startup that claims to explain concepts with 3D models and take boredom out of education, acquired Fedena- a school management software to boost operational efficiencies.
- Kitchens@, a Delhi-based Zomato-funded cloud-kitchen startup merged with Kitchen Center, a Bangalore-based cloud kitchen startup.
- Uvik UPoS got acquired by Infibeam Avenues. Uvik makes any mobile phone as a PoS device and is focused on enabling merchants to accept contactless payments. It also supports payments from contactless debit/credit cards with built-in NFC technology.
- Pocket FM, a voice-based OTT platform raised $65M.
- Kuhoo, a student loan fintech platform, raised $20M.
- DaMENSCH, a men’s lifestyle brand raised $16.4M.
- LocoFast, a fashion supply chain startup, raised $15M.
- Prozo, a logistics startup, raised $10M.
- Koo App, a microblogging platform, raised $10M.
- SnapMint, a fintech startup, raised $9M.
- JustDogs, a pet startup, raised $7M.
- Junio, a fintech startup, raised $6M.